15 Newlywed Gift Ideas for Parents at a Wedding
Often the bride and groom wonder what to give their parents at the celebration. I don’t want to hand over banal presents … but there is no money for expensive ones. We have prepared 15 ideas for worthy gifts for parents at a wedding from newlyweds, be inspired!
What gifts should be for parents at a wedding?
Let’s make a reservation right away that the tradition of giving something to parents on the day of the wedding of children is a little outdated, so it is not mandatory. But if you still want to please dear people, please note:
- Gifts to the parents of the bride and groom should be equal. In addition, the situation is unacceptable when the parents of one side receive something, and the other does not. It is impolite and ugly.
- Do not give gifts for show, do not give anything banal and useless. This is the case when either with a soul, or better in no way.
- Gifts don’t have to be expensive, let them mean something to parents, evoke pleasant memories or associate with family comfort.
When to give gifts to parents?
It is better to do this in the first part of the banquet, after congratulating the parents or making a toast to them. The closer to the end of the event, the less attention will be paid to the event.
Make sure that the donation is accompanied by a suitable atmosphere: draw the guests’ attention to what is happening so that they do not talk, ask the DJ to put on touching music . If the time of day permits, you can dim the lights.
Gift ideas for parents at a wedding from newlyweds
- Wedding photographs of the young couple or each with their parents are taken in the morning, then someone goes to the salon to print the pictures, and during the banquet you present them by inserting them into previously purchased frames. You can donate several photos, not limited to group ones – for example, take a photo of a mother with a bride at a training camp, and a dad during a dance with her.
- A touching or funny film, specially made for this day or composed of photographs of young people in childhood and adolescence.
- Photobook with your children’s pictures.
- A real family tree. This gift will require a lot of preparation and collection of data about relatives, but it will be worth it.
- Your children’s drawings transferred to canvas to hang on the wall.
- A box or casket with wishes for parents written on separate sheets of paper or your bright and warm memories from childhood.
- A custom-made illustration of a family, an event or place that matters to them (for example, a beloved old home from which you had to leave).
- Calendar for the year with your joint photos – one for each month.
- Poems in honor of your parents, written by you (or those who know how to do it, but have been sincerely read by you).
- A bottle of good wine with an agreement to open it for a specific occasion (for example, the birth of a child, your wedding anniversary, etc.)
- As an idea of a gift to parents at a wedding from the newlyweds, you can also call a beautiful set from which you will drink tea when you come to visit your family.
- Cozy good quality household items – soft throws, woolen blankets, engraved wooden cutting board, etc.
- A tree for the home that needs to be looked after and watered the way you would for your new family.
- Joint trip.
- Commemorative collectible coins.
Whatever the gift, make it with heart, because these are your closest people!
CLICK TO DROP YOUR COMMENT