A 21-year-old man was admitted to the hospital and drank 4 energy drinks a day.

A 21-year-old man was admitted to the hospital and drank 4 energy drinks a day.

A 21-year-old man who drank 4 energy drinks a day was hospitalized with heart and kidney failure.

The man spent over a week in the intensive care unit and nearly two months in the hospital to recover from heart and kidney failure caused by energy drinks.

Upset man

A 21-year-old man from the UK was forced to quit university after battling a mysterious illness for months.
Doctors discovered that he suffered from heart and kidney failure after drinking four energy drinks a day for two years.
Caffeine overdose can be life-threatening with symptoms such as shortness of breath, nausea, and tremors.

A 21-year-old man was hospitalized for
heart failure and kidney failure after drinking more than half a gallon of energy drink every day for two years, according to a case study published April 15 in BMJ Case Reports.

Although he eventually recovered, the man was initially considered an organ transplant candidate and spent over a week in intensive care and almost two months in hospital in total.

The patient drank four 500-milliliter cans of energy drink a day, write the study authors from St Thomas’s Hospital in London.

According to the FDA, this is about 640 mg of caffeine per day, far above the safe 400 mg recommended dosage.

“I think there is a need to be more aware of energy drinks and the impact of their content. I think they are very interesting and too accessible for young children, ”the patient said in the study report.

In the months before hospitalization, he suffered from severe symptoms such as tremors, shortness of breath and indigestion, so he dropped out of college.

The case highlights the potentially toxic side effects of energy drinks containing huge doses of caffeine that can lead to serious and sometimes life-threatening health problems.

Caffeine overdose can be fatal

Caffeine, the world’s most popular psychoactive substance, is safe to consume in moderation, helping billions of people live their day as coffee and tea. It offers health benefits such as improved focus, mood, and energy.

But too much caffeine is dangerous, with side effects like anxiety, heart palpitations, and low blood pressure. In severe cases, an overdose of caffeine can lead to unconsciousness and even death. Caffeine overdose has also been linked to metabolic acidosis, a potentially serious buildup of acids in the body that can lead to kidney failure.

More concentrated sources of caffeine are more likely to cause overdose, which means that energy drinks are more dangerous than coffee and tea.

According to case studies, the most dangerous is caffeine powder in supplements for energy, exercise, and weight loss.

… One scoop of this highly concentrated powder can contain the caffeine equivalent of 50 cups of coffee or more.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *