News

#EndSARS: CNN lawyer asks Lai Mohammed to apologize for Lagos panel report

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, was asked to apologize to the American media house, Cable News Network.

Cable News Network’s Nigerian lawyer Olumide Babalola asked Mohammed to apologize to the medium for tagging a CNN investigative report as fake.

The attorney, in a statement on Tuesday, said the panel report confirmed CNN’s investigative report, titled “How a Bloody Night of Bullets and Brutality Nulled a Young Protest Movement.”

Babalola recalled that the minister had lashed out at CNN over the report, which he labeled “fake news” and threatened to sanction the media house.

The lawyer, however, said in light of the judicial panel’s report, Mohammed should eat the humble cake and apologize to CNN.

The lawyer said: “Alhaji Mohammed had consistently claimed that the CNN massacre report was false, but the panel claimed CNN’s stance on the gruesome and rampant killings at the Lekki toll booth.

“Without necessarily saying more about this, since the minister himself had previously called on CNN to apologize for the fake news, which has now proved almost judicially true, one might think that the honorable thing to do for Alhaji Mohammed, as an elderly statesman and learned gentleman, he must especially apologize to CNN.

“However, as we continue to wait for the next move by the minister and the federal government, I stand in solidarity with the families of all the victims of the Lekki massacre as we pray for the souls of the deceased and hope that the government will fully implement the relationship.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *