#EndSARS: no attacks can deny Tinubu eligibility to compete in 2023
Junaid Mohammed, a senior statesman and federal deputy of the Second Republic, said on Wednesday the attacks on investments of Asivajou Bol Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All-Progressive Congress (APC), were politically motivated last week in the wake of the #EndSARS protests.
In an interview with INDEPENDENT, Junaid said that as a Nigerian citizen who has made a significant contribution to national development, Tinubu has the right to claim the highest office in the country, and no sponsored attacks can deny him this right.
He said: “First, I totally condemn the motivation or motive of the people who attacked. Whatever the attitude towards Tinubu, attacks on him, attacks on his property cannot be physically justified in words, and I believe that being in politics is not a crime. “
“Tinubu has done a lot for Lagos in terms of development, as well as for the Southwest. Even those who do not belong to his ethnic group cannot deny the fact that there is a difference in development in Lagos before and after the Tinubu era. I am not a member of APC, but the point is, there is nothing wrong with Tinubu seeking to become someone. “
“As far as I understand, the desire to be the president of this country or to hold an elective office is not a crime. It is also a shame that those with nothing to offer are now targeting people who have done a lot for the country. TVC – private TV channel; no one is forced to watch TVC. It is clear that the entire attack is purely politically motivated. “
“Whether it is motivated against the personality of Tinubu or his ambitions for the presidency in 2023, the point is that Tinubu, like anyone else, has the right to try his luck and throw his hat in the ring, because as a Nigerian he has the absolute right to do so.
“This right is not diminished by what someone says or does. No attacks can deprive him of the right to claim the highest office in the country. “
Source: – Independent ng