Knowledge Day is a special day, and not only for first graders. And if the children go to a St. Petersburg school, it means that a grandiose holiday awaits them, accompanied by vivid entertainment and a special magical atmosphere of the city. The main thing is to supplement the September 1st line with interesting extracurricular activities. Let’s figure out where you can take children on September 1 in the Northern capital.
Activities for primary school students
In elementary school, children have their first responsibilities. This is the time when they adapt to independent living. Therefore, excursions for schoolchildren on September 1 should be memorable, so that the beginning of school life is associated with positive moments.
- Pay attention to boat trips and excursions. If the weather is good, kids will like a trip on the Meteor motor ship to Peterhof , during which you can see the most beautiful views of imperial Petersburg from the water. Take an excursion to the new sports stadium, or go on a fun boat trip with Captain Vrungel and other characters from your favorite cartoons.
- The first of September is a great occasion to instill in kids an interest in science. Interesting events for schoolchildren for the Day of Knowledge are organized by the Veselaya Science Museum on Bolshaya Morskaya Street. Children will find an exciting interactive show that combines physics, chemistry and optics. And after the show, it will be interesting to go on a tour of the city center, see the Bronze Horseman, visit the Hermitage and take a walk around Palace Square.
- After the line on September 1, first graders will definitely enjoy a walk in the park or garden. By the way, on September 2, 2019, in the South Primorsky Park, children will have a holiday with their beloved Smeshariki.
- Thematic bus excursions for schoolchildren will be an excellent gift by September 1 and will help children get to know St. Petersburg better. You can introduce kids to the mysterious sphinxes and griffins, follow the footsteps of zealous horses, or visit the only model museum in Russia.
Excursion programs for teenagers
If you do not know how to get a teenager out of the computer and organize a memorable holiday for the family, choose an interesting excursion for children or adults on September 1.
- A truly exciting evening teenagers give a tour of the roofs of St. Petersburg . Children will see the beautiful city from an unusual perspective.
- Literary tours, timed to coincide with the Day of Knowledge, will allow high school students to plunge into the secrets of St. Petersburg and its great writers.
- Thematic walking tours will open up the city from a new perspective and awaken interest in its history, myths and legends.
And if you want to arrange an unusual holiday for a teenager, on September 1 you are waiting for:
- The exhibition “Fairy Tale Land of Street Art” is a project of the Street Art Museum, in which more than 40 artists took part (Revolyutsii highway, 84).
- Rope Park “Okunevaya” is an interesting and dynamic leisure for the whole family. Rope routes in the crowns of trees will help you overcome your phobias and experience the most vivid emotions (Leningrad region, Vyborgsky district, Vysokinsky massif, Okunevy proezd, 4, room 2H).
May the first day of autumn be remembered by your children not only with a ruler in white shirts and bouquets of asters. Make Knowledge Day an amazing and informative holiday and, believe me, your child will keep it in his memory for life!