Former Lagos PPRO, Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Claims Fake News

Posted by on Oct 17, 2020, Under: News

Former Lagos PPRO, Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Claims Fake News

Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Dolapo Badmus called the news that the Nigerian police had demoted her as fake news.

On Saturday, the former Lagos-based PPRO denied the report on his official Twitter account.

President Muhammadu Bukhari’s media group member, Ayo Akanji, said in a series of tweets on Saturday that Dolapo Badmus and Yomi Shogunl, the former head of the police complaints department, are among the reprimanded demoted officers.

We will remind that the Commission on Police Services earlier announced the adoption of administrative measures against 37 former agents of the infamous Anti-Robbery Special Squad (SARS).

Reacting to the report, Ms. Badmus said; “Never mind fake news.”

Mr. Yomi Shogunl, on the other hand, has not yet commented on the report at the time of printing.

Administrative measures came after nationwide protests by Nigerian youth who called for an end to SARS due to its notorious and ferocious activities across the country.

The protest continued despite the dissolution of the Special Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial Nigerian police unit.

The disbandment was officially confirmed by Police Inspector General Mohammed Adamu earlier this week, who announced the formation of a new group to replace the late SARS.

The new unit, known as the Special Weapons and Tactics Group (SWAT), was also widely rejected by young people protesting with the #EndSWAT trend on several social media platforms.


CLICK TO DROP YOUR COMMENT