Governor of Oyetol announces 24-hour curfew
Governor of Adegboega Oetola imposes 24-hour curfew in Osuna
1. The Osun state government takes note of the annoyingly dangerous dimension that the #EndSARS protests have taken across the country, especially in the southwestern states, with great sense of responsibility.
2. In our dear state, if not for providence, the Governor would not be alive to preside over today’s security meeting following the assassination attempt on his life last Saturday.
3. Despite Saturday’s incident, we allowed the protest to continue in the hope that the real protesters would take responsibility for the protest.
4. However, the events of the past 48 hours have made it clear that the protests have been hijacked by criminals and thugs.
5. As a responsible and responsive government that has taken a sacred oath to protect the lives and property of our citizens, we will not stand aside and watch as criminals unleash terror in our state.
6. As a result, the Governor of Osun State, Mr. Adegboega Oyetola, is imposing a 24-hour curfew in all parts of the state from 11:59 pm today, Tuesday, October 20, until further notice.
7. Implicitly there will be no movement, except for those for important tasks that will be allowed to move. This group of people must have a valid ID to travel during curfew.
8. All citizens and residents are required to comply with this directive, as any person who violates this ordinance will be arrested and subjected to the wrath of the law.
9. I call on all our citizens to be peaceful and law-abiding, as every effort must be made to protect them and their property.
10. May God continue to bless and support Osun State.
Thank you, God bless you.
Signed: Prince Will Oyebamiji
SSG, Osun State.
October 20, 2020