How much money to give for a wedding? We give a figure!
Everyone has been to a wedding at least once. Almost everyone gave money to young people. And I thought – how much is normal? We tell you how much money to give for a wedding, when it is appropriate to do it and how to present a present with a sparkle.
Should I give money for a wedding?
Presenting an envelope is appropriate in most cases, especially if:
- You don’t know what to present, and the bride and groom did not indicate their preferences.
- The young ones asked for too expensive gifts, each one worth more than you are willing to spend. In this case, it is appropriate to donate part of the amount in money.
- Do you know that the bride and groom are saving up for a large purchase (apartment, car, etc.)
- You understand that the future young family has financial difficulties.
How much money to give for a wedding
The amount of the gift depends on many factors, but, above all, on your capabilities. Even if everyone is giving 10 thousand rubles per person, and you can only afford 5, do not switch to buckwheat before paycheck and give as much money as you think is comfortable. In addition, take into account the couple’s closeness to you: good friends and family should be given more, and acquaintances and colleagues with whom you do not communicate closely – less. The number depends on the city, for example, in Moscow and Penza, the recommended size of the gift will be different. Someone thinks that the more luxurious the wedding, the more guests are obliged to give, but this is wrong. The amount that the young people spend on the celebration is their choice, you are not obliged to “reimburse” the costs for it.
We conducted a survey on Instagram and found out from subscribers how much money to give for a wedding. The majority of the respondents consider a normal amount of 5,000 rubles per person (10,000 per couple). Some cited the figure of 10,000 rubles per person, and the last place was taken by a gift equal to 3,000 rubles.
If you understand that you cannot give even 3,000, do not worry and give as much as is acceptable to you, most will take it with understanding. Although we know of exceptions, when couples not only named the desired amount per guest, but also openly said that if there is less in the envelope, then they can not come to the celebration. This is already impolite, think about whether you need such a holiday.
How unusual to give money for a wedding
Not everyone just wants to give the envelope, someone asks not only how much money to give for a wedding, but also how to do it in an original way. Sharing ideas:
- boxes and suitcases with money
- themed jars (for vacation, home), when you create a toy microcosm in a jar that reflects what you are giving such a gift to
- paintings and photo frames with money (from the idea of “breaking glass if necessary” to a world map with carved continents, behind which the cherished pieces of paper are visible)
- banknotes in a ball
- umbrellas with bills tied to them
- light bulb
How to sign an envelope with money for a wedding
Even if you donate money in an envelope, do not hand over an empty one, but come up with a nice inscription. We have examples:
- A small gift for a happy future! May your home be always warm and cozy!
- The alphabet of numbers is short, but so nice! New family – many zeros after any number.
- For mushrooms – mushroom rain, for money – money rain. We wish you a daily shower of money!
- For diapers from Сouture, you will receive an envelope of bills from us. And a little in addition to the Versace rattles!
- Eternal love, eternal warmth and eternal growth of evergreens!
- This envelope contains something that cannot be broken, broken, and spoiled! For good, for joy, for good luck! From the heart!
- Bank tickets – special honeymoon pass. I wish you an eternal countermark for all occasions.
Interesting congratulations on the wedding with the presentation of money
When handing over money in person, you should not do it silently and seriously. Say the words that will be remembered by the bride and groom:
- On your wedding day, we want to wish your young family tree to have many branches with the letter D: children, home, money, summer residence, good deed. And if there was a Duty branch, then let it be only the duty of sons and parents.
- On the wedding day everyone pleases! Let this joy last all your long life journey. May there always be signs on this road – happiness, good work, good thoughts, true friends!
- Dear Ira and Dima! They give money, saying that this is not the main thing. And most importantly – daily bread! This is love, children’s laughter, mood. I wish that the main thing is always accompanied by “non-main”, so that it can be spread on bread. And we give you a little “non-main”.
- Dear Lena and Pasha! So you boarded the family ship! Wish you seven pounds under the keel and good luck! Let the ship’s captain hold the helm firmly and keep the waterline at a safe level.
- Dear Barbara and Anton! On this day, your family is the youngest of all families. May your love never grow old. The eternal youth of a relationship is the greatest success in life.
- Dear Katya and Seryozha! Let you have one family umbrella for two, sheltering the house from bad weather moods. But meet the shower of success, luck and money without any umbrellas and raincoats.
CLICK TO DROP YOUR COMMENT