Kaduna Proposes New Block To Increase COVID-19 Cases
The Kaduna state government says public spaces in the state may be temporarily closed if residents do not follow COVID-19 prevention protocols.
State Health Commissioner Amina Mohammed-Baloni hinted at a press conference on Saturday, warning that the state would impose a new blockade if the state’s reported COVID-19 cases continued to rise.
Mohammed-Baloni said: “In absolute and relative terms, the state of Kaduna is now experiencing a large number of infections, reminiscent of the first wave of Covid-19, which spread in April, May and June 2020.”
He stressed that “the decline in infection rates after the first wave prompted the government to endorse the recommendation of the state task force on Covid-19 to significantly reopen some aspects of the state.
“However, we regret to report that the conditions that led to the 75-day blockade are now being replicated,” he added.
Mohammed-Baloni said that 74 positives in 531 samples were reported in the state on Nov.26, adding that “the number of infections since then suggests both a high rate of infection and the reality of a new wave of infections spreading to the entire state.”
The Commissioner urged residents of Kaduna State to abide by COVID-19 guidelines to protect themselves and their families from infection.
Governor Nasir el-Rufai announced yesterday that he had moved to solitary confinement after contact with infected people.
Source: – Sahara Reporter.