Somewhere between listing the 7 wonders of the world in our history class and creating worksheets for each wonder of the world separately, architecture students grew up. The field of architecture is creative and requires the ability to turn visions into reality. Sounds cool, right? But what sounds more cool is that there are several architecture scholarships available in the UK for students like you. While we focus on compiling a few of these UK Design Scholarships, we will give you the opportunity to focus on creating another wonder of the world!
Which universities offer architecture scholarships in the UK
Studying architecture at British universities takes 5 years of study and two years of practical work before showing up for the final exam. Architectural institutes in the UK have a number of benefits for students including graduate prospects, industry connections, academic excellence and more. Let’s take a look at the list of universities offering architecture scholarships for international students in the UK.
University of Dundee
The University of Dundee is ranked among the top 20 universities in the UK according to the Guardian University Guide 2021. With over 16,000 students, the university is best known for its student satisfaction rates. This university offers a range of UK Architecture Scholarships for students wishing to continue their design course here. One of them is the Global Citizenship Scholarship for undergraduate and graduate students.
About the Global Citizen Scholarship
The Global Citizen Scholarship is offered by the University of Dundee for students wishing to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in architecture and urban planning. Scholarship Supports Moral Ethics
- Appreciate people
- Working Together
- Honesty and
- Making a difference
Only applicants who –
- Hold an academic offer for a UG or PG in any of the academic disciplines offered by the University of Dundee.
- Enroll in undergraduate or graduate courses in the year of the scholarship.
- Hold a 1st class honors degree in the UK or its equivalent
- Classified as “international” when it comes to tuition fees.
Benefits: An amount of £5,000 is paid to the student in addition to helping pay tuition fees.
You can also apply for UK Architecture Scholarships through the Chevening Scholarships, which are provided by the UK Government for international students.
Oxford School of Architecture
A limited number of scholarships for Masters of Architecture in the UK are available each year for British, European and international PhD students. The Oxford School of Architecture’s Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment are partnering with RIBA Part1 and 2 Scholarships to help with ongoing funding for architecture students.
About RIBA Part 1 and 2 Scholarships
Architecture students who demonstrate talent and commitment to their studies but struggle with spending are awarded RIBA Scholarships. These UK Architecture Scholarships are awarded with the aim of promoting equity, inclusiveness and diversity in architectural education.
- For the RIBA Part 1 Scholarship, applicants must currently be enrolled in the first year of a RIBA Part 1 course in the UK.
- For the RIBA Part 2 Scholarship, applicants must be in the process of applying for a RIBA Part 2 course in the UK.
- Scholars must provide the necessary proof of enrollment in the course.
- For those applying for the RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 Scholarships, the amount of £6,000 is spread across semesters throughout the course.
- Part-time candidates will receive the same amount in proportion to the length of their studies.
To get into the University of Oxford, there are other scholarships such as the Reach Oxford Scholarship that will help you with funding while you study architecture. There are several other universities offering architecture scholarships in the UK and this table below will help you with them.
|University of Kent||Kent School of Architecture Scholarships||Tuition fee waiver, minimum scholarship, tuition fees||PhD research|
|Kingston University||International Scholarships||£5,000||UG, PG|
|Cardiff University||Vice Chancellor International Scholarships||£2000||UG, PG|
|staffordshire university||BIG scholarships||£10,000||PG|
|York University||York Marshall Scholarships||Varies||PG, PhD|
|University of Nottingham||ARB/RIBA Part 2||10% scholarship / fee discount||UG|
In addition to the above architecture scholarships in the UK, there are many other scholarships available for architecture students, specifically on the UniScholarz page. We’ll name a few of them with app links attached to make it easier for you.
- Inlaxa Shivdasani Scholarship: Available in the amount of $1,00,000 if you wish to pursue a Masters in Arch.
- Erasmus Scholarship: Provides full funding for M. Arch students.
- Jared J. Davis Grant: Available in $1,000 for B.Arch students.
- Harvey Scholarship: Available to M.Arch students in the amount of $16,000.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog about architecture scholarships in the UK. If you need more help with scholarships, here are some blogs we think you’ll enjoy reading.
If you need help with student housing and student loans, please click here. UniAcco and UniCreds respectively today.
Get personal expert advice
Get personal expert advice