The Lagos jury approves the opening of a toll collection point in Lecchi.
TheCable reports that a judicial commission set up by the Lagos state government to investigate the brutality and bureaucracy of the disbanded Anti-Robbery Task Force (SARS) has approved the opening of a toll collection point in Lecchi.
On Saturday, a nine-member team returned control of the toll station to the operators of the Lekki Concession Company (LCC).
LCC, although her lawyer, Rotimi Seriki, had previously pleaded with the jury to allow her to take over the area for repairs and insurance from December 2020.
“My humble request is that if the court is no longer required to visit the plaza, the LCC should be allowed to return the toll collection point in order to assess the damage and begin the process of making necessary repairs,” he said. said.
But the jury said the assault rifle could not be handed over because the Lagos state government paid a medical examiner to inspect the booth in connection with the October 20 shooting.
The forensic report, which was due to be ready on Tuesday, has yet to be made public by the jury.
The LCC suspended work in the toll plaza following the shooting of protesters on October 20, 2020.