The Obiano government is imposing curfews on two Anambra communities.
Following clashes with municipalities that killed three people on Sunday May 17, Governor Willie Obiano imposed curfews on two communities.
As a result of the chaos, at least three houses were burned down and about nine people, including a former chief justice of the state, were injured.
After announcing curfew on Monday in an official announcement, State Secretary of State Prof. Only Chukvulobelu said the development would take effect immediately.
Stating that the curfew will run from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am until further notice, Obiano warned that security personnel have strict orders to enforce the curfew.
State Police Public Relations Agent Ikenga Tochukwu, who said the area had returned to normal, said three people had died in the fight.
The PPRO said, “Normalcy has been restored in the area and our people are still on the ground to ensure the safety of life and property. So far, we have found three bodies that have been handed over to the morgue. “
It turned out that Anaku and Omor experienced a protracted crisis on Earth.
The source said: “Among the people affected by the renewed crisis are the former Chief Justice of Anambra and the former Commissioner.”
In this regard, on Monday, the state government lifted the curfew imposed on six communities: Igbariam, Aguleri, Umueri, Nteje, Avkuzu and Umunya.
Anambra State Government Secretary Professor Solo Chukwulobelu said that the lifting of the curfew, which began on Monday, April 26, 2021, went into effect immediately as normal life returned to the communities.
Follow Bazedon on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook