London’s most prestigious university, the London School of Economics (LSE), offers scholarships to domestic and national students for a master’s degree at the LSE. LSE Masters Scholarships are available to students, especially those from low-income families and from under-represented backgrounds.
London School of Economics Masters Award | LSE Master Scholarships
The main scheme for students who wish to study for an MSc at the London School of Economics is run by the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS). The scholarships provided under this support scheme are for students with greater financial need. The LSE provides scholarships of £3 million each year to support students in their Master’s and Diploma studies. The graduate support scheme provided by the scholarship is based on need, not merit.
Below are the points to consider before applying for the LSE Masters Scholarship:
- You must demonstrate in detail your need for financial support.
- Before applying for this scholarship, students must have already obtained admission to the program.
- This award provides additional program funding rather than full package funding.
- Getting a GSS is a competitive process, so the threshold is set low due to the number of applicants per year.
- There is no separate application for this. However, you must indicate the need for this scholarship in your application for admission.
- Once you have completed the application for admission to the course you are applying for, the online application for that application will be available to you.
- You are encouraged to provide as much information about your financial situation as possible.
- Information about your financial situation must be true and correct. Providing information that is dishonest and appears to be fraudulent will result in the cancellation of your application.
- After you provide all of your information, the committee will evaluate your application based on your financial situation. As a result, you will be offered the appropriate level of reward.
- After you have been offered an award, the last step is to provide supporting documents.
- Financial Support will contact you and ask you to provide supporting documents. If you are unable to provide the required documents or your information does not match your GSS application form, your application may be rejected or cancelled.
Looking for scholarships to study in London? Read: What are the best scholarships in London?
Check your eligibility for a student loan, calculate EMI loans and get recommendations from experienced educational consultants with UniCreds. Find the perfect plan for your education with partners like HDFC Credila, Axis Bank, Prodigy Finance, ICICI Bank and more!
LSE Masters Scholarships in different countries
The LSE provides master’s scholarships to students from selected countries. This helped students from underrepresented backgrounds to get an education at the London School of Economics. The following is a list of countries to which the LSE provides direct scholarships:
- Africa: EO Kolade Ambassador Fellowship and Standard Bank Africa Chairman Fellowships
- Algiers: Margaret Bennett Scholarship
- Angola: Canon Collins Trust, EO Kolade Ambassador Fellowship and Standard Bank Africa Chairman Fellowships
- Azerbaijan: Scholarship Program of the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Bangladesh: Rezaur Rahman Scholarship Fund
- Botswana: EO Kolade Ambassador Scholarship and Canon Collins Trust
- Brazil: Fundação Estudar and Instituto Ling
- Burma: Charles Wallam Burma Trust and CV Starr Scholarship
- Cambodia: CV Starr Scholarship
- Canada: BUTEX Scholarships for North American and Canadian Students and London Goodenough Association of Canada (LGAC) Scholarship Program
- China: CV Starr Scholarship, Henry Lester Foundation, Laura Cha (Shi Mei Long) Scholarship, Li Scholarship, Sino-British Friendship Scholarship, Wu Family Scholarship
- Colombia: Colfuturo Scholarships
You can learn more about country-specific LSE Masters Scholarships.
How do I apply for the LSE Masters Scholarship?
- You must apply for admission as an LSE. You will then be given access to the Graduate Application Tracker (LSE for You) online system. This will help you keep track of all aspects of your admission, including your online GSS application.
- To qualify for this scholarship, you must receive an unconditional or conditional offer letter from the university by April 29, 2021. This date may change annually. Therefore, we ask you to keep up to date with the latest recommendations.
- Funds are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. As a result, you are expected to be as fast as possible to receive this scholarship scheme.
What is the value of the LSE Masters Scholarship?
- If you succeed in obtaining a GSS grant, you will not be considered for another scholarship. This is because the LSE will cover 100% of the funding gap. However, this will be calculated by the financial support department.
- If you fail to receive a GSS grant, you will be considered for other scholarships offered by the LSE. However, these scholarships are in demand and are available on a first come, first served basis. In addition, you will need to indicate the need for scholarships in your application. This will allow the LSE to consider you for other LSE Masters Scholarships.
GSS for dual degree students
You are eligible to apply for the GSS Scholarship if you are enrolled in one of the dual degree programs:
- Master in International Relations and International Relations or International Political Economy (LSE and Sciences Po)
- Master in International Relations (LSE and PKU)
- Master in Urban Policy (LSE and Sciences Po)
- Master in International and World History (LSE and Colombia)
- Double Degree European Studies (LSE and Sciences Po)
- Master of Public Administration and Government (LSE and PKU)
We hope you enjoyed reading our blog, The Simple Gaining Formula. LSE Masters Scholarships. Interested in learning about scholarships offered by your dream countries? The following may be of interest:
- Study in Australia with Australian Government Scholarship
- What is the Fulbright Scholarship for Ireland?
- How to Get a Masters Scholarship in the Netherlands
Get personal expert advice
Get personal expert advice