Tragedy averted: a fire broke out at a gas station in Lagos
Tragedy averted: a fire breaks out at a gas station in Lagos
On Wednesday, a fire engulfed the Yerevan Oil service station in the Ogba district of Aguda, Lagos state.
PUNCH Metro found out that the fire started immediately, rescuers who stormed the station found out that the cause of the fire was a fuel leak from a tanker truck with 33,000 liters of gasoline.
Lagos State Emergency Management Agency spokesman Nosa Okunbor said the fire was extinguished by agency officials and the Lagos state fire department.
Okunbor said: “The LASEMA Task Force extinguished a fire this morning at the Yerevan Oil filling station located on Ajayi Road in Ogba Aguda, Lagos State.
“Upon arrival, an investigation by the LASEMA response team revealed that the fire occurred following a spill from a tanker loaded with 33,000 liters of Premium Motor Spirit.
“Hell quickly died down, however, thanks to an immediate response from the agency team and the Lagos State Fire Department.
“The leaky valve, which is the source of hell, was closed; the fire was extinguished, and the truck and the entire area were closed to avoid secondary accidents. “
Source: – Punch ng
CLICK TO DROP YOUR COMMENT